Lean, mean cleaning machine!

Sometime on Saturday morning, hubs and I realized that our 15-year-old washer was no longer agitating. And not in that, "Hell, no! We won't go!" way. In the "I'm just going to sit here full of water and clothing and not wash anything," kinda way.

Now, when our matching dryer acted up a few years ago, we bought a few parts and fixed it. But on Saturday, we were in the midst of a busy weekend, the washer was not working AT ALL, and, quite frankly, I was ready for an upgrade. After checking out Consumer Reports, we headed to Lowe's and bought a Whirlpool Cabrio. It was one of the cheaper Cabrios, but it got great rankings in CR's testing.

They delivered it Sunday night, and I have been amazed at how much more clothing I can fit into a load. The new machine has a few fancy bells and whistles (It automatically senses how much water to add, based on how much clothing is inside.), and it's supposed to be much more energy efficient than our previous model. (We even scored a "green" state rebate on it! Woo hoo!)

Mainly, though, it's actually washing our clothing, which was a heckuva lot more than the old one was doing. What remains to be seen, though, is whether it will last 15 years, like our previous Whirlpool.

I can dream, can't I?

Comments