Choppers

Ok, I know that any of you tuning in to this here blog probably don't give a hoot about my occasional "Clay updates," but I had to post this one.

Since he was about five months old, Brian and I have been searching booger's little pink gums for his first tooth. Every time he was REALLY fussy with no apparent reason, we looked at each other knowingly and thought, "First tooth." Every time he gnawed on random objects (his toys, the tray of his high chair, his burp cloth, our clothing, etc.), we both surmised that the first tooth could not be far away. And yet, the months passed, and no tooth made its appearance.

Clay's little gums have had four tooth-like bumps for about three months now, but no actual teeth. I've wondered numerous times if the child would be going to prom with some pureed squash and a VERY ripe banana in the glove compartment.

So, it is with unimaginable relief that I tell you that Clay has FINALLY gotten his first tooth! And it looks as though the second one cannot be far behind. Here's to choppers!

Comments