Oprah's Big Give

Ok, did anyone watch this last night? I think it's a fantastic premise for a show, and when those two little girls released balloons tied to messages for their dad (in heaven), I thought I was going to lose it. This might become one of my must-sees.

Only one question - how on Earth did they choose the judges? I mean, Jamie Oliver? The dude's a celebrity chef. Chris Rock's WIFE? A pro sports player? I'm wondering why they didn't pick the executive directors of some philanthropies already doing great work. (You know, folks who work at United Way, Red Cross, etc. People who've dedicated their lives to helping others.) Not only would people like that have been more qualified to judge the efforts of the contestants, being on the show would have given their organizations much-needed visibility, which would also have fed in to the whole concept of the program. KWIM?

Comments

Supermom said…
I completely agree with you on the judges. I mean really....