Easter brunch

I hosted my annual Easter brunch today, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with my family! We invited both sets of parents, plus my sister and her family, to join us. Here's what we served:

Slow Cooked Eggs with Herbs - These were very good. You beat the eggs with half and half, salt a pepper before scrambling them over low heat with generous amounts of butter. When they are done, you can sprinkle them with chopped herbs of your choice.

Baked Ham - I used a spiral cut ham slathered with a maple-mustard glaze.

Honey Vanilla Yogurt with Fresh Fruit - I used plain yogurt, to which I added my own honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds. I served it over strawberries, blueberries, and chopped papaya, with sliced almonds sprinkled on top for crunch. YUM.

Yogurt Lemon Cake - Sticky and lemony and wonderful. Served with a lemon sugar glaze.

Chive Biscuits - For some reason, these didn't rise properly for me. I followed the recipe instructions, but making the dough a day ahead might have impacted the success of this dish.

Peach Bellinis - I made my own peach puree for this, and if I were to make them again, I'd skip making the puree and just buy peach nectar. It would have made for a smoother, prettier drink.

All in all, though, it was a beautiful morning. It is wonderful to have family over, to have grandparents there to coo at the baby, to enjoy food and fellowship.

And, as Easter is tomorrow, I will probably be doing more reflecting than blogging. So, TTFN!

Comments

arr-jay said…
Sounds delish! It seems you are fitting well into this "new" niche of Nicole the full-time mommy...love reading your updates! :-)
Webmaster said…
That does sound yummy. Glad you had a nice get-together with your family, and a good Easter!