Little trooper

It's been a tough week for little man. Over the weekend, I noticed that he was feeling warm. We took his temperature, and he had a low-grade fever. Attributing it to teething (he's got some molars coming in), I figured I'd monitor it and call the doctor on Monday morning if I had any concerns. Well, Monday morning his temperature was 101.3 AND he had a little rash around his mouth. So, off to the doctor we went.

The doctor siad his ears looked a little red (infection), so he prescribed an antibiotic. Clay hated taking every dose. But we forged ahead, giving him two doses on Monday, two on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday morning. By this time, his fever was definitely gone, and he seemed to be doing better. Wednesday morning, before going to Mother's Morning Out, I noticed him scratching at his head alot. I took a closer look, and while there was some redness, I didn't see any cause for alarm. So, off to MMO he went.

While he was at MMO, he got into a little scuffle. Another child scratched his head and bit him on the cheek. (You can see the mark.) He was whiny for the rest of the day, and when I put him in the tub that night, I noticed that he had a rash all over his chest and groin. So, I called the triage nurse, who told me to discontinue using the antibiotic, dose him with Benadryl, and call the doctor's office in the morning.

So, this week, Clay got sick. The medicine we gave him made it worse. Then, he got bit on the face. Poor kid can't catch a break.

Comments