Stage readings

New Stage Theatre is kicking off the review process for their Eudora Welty New Play Series again! I served on the reading committee for last year's series, and I am sooo glad that they asked me to return for this year! I don't think I will have time to read quite as many plays as I did last year, what with returning to the office and all, but I'm super-excited to see what kinds of scripts we've been sent for 2009.

Last year's selection committee chose three plays that were presented as staged readings at the theatre. The ultimate objective of the series is to find work that can successfully be produced on the mainstage. Hopefully, we'll unearth some good talent during this process.

If you have an interest in/love of theatre, give me a holler! We are looking for more members for the committee!

P.S. I am sooooo thankful that I don't have to go to work today. Warm socks, hot cocoa, and mindless lounging, here I come!

Comments