Life is beautiful.

I just wanted to take a moment and note that I am thankful. Sometimes, you feel that the universe is smiling on you. You feel effusively content. You feel happy. You feel blessed beyond your wildest childhood imaginations. Many times in recent weeks, I have looked at my life objectively (or as objectively as one can look at his/her own life) and realized that it has lived up to so many of the things that I wished for when I was younger.

What I am thankful for:

I am married to a wonderful man who I love and who loves me. I have a gorgeous, healthy baby who (most of the time) is not a demon child. We are comfortable enough that we don't have to save every penny, but not so comfortable that we take our financial situation for granted. We have traveled in many parts of the world that I only used to dream about.

I enjoy the company of lots of friends. I have an extended family that loves me. I am fortunate to be able to go out with friends and enjoy myself on a fairly regular basis. I have my health (so far), and I am of sound mind (shut up, Stacey). I dearly love to laugh, and I get the opportunity to do so often. I have been showered with other intangible gifts galore - an ability to make friends quickly, carry a tune, read at a breakneck pace, catch on to (most) concepts rapidly, and make a mean roast chicken.

So far, I have never broken a bone. I have never wrecked my car. I can write a coherent sentence. (Those of you who disagree will have to take it up in the comments.) I have the use of all of my five senses. To my knowledge, I have not ruined anyone's life. Thus far, no one has hurt me beyond recovery, either physically or emotionally. When I drive the convertible on a summer night, the wind whispers around my neck and shoulders and makes me feel deliciously free.

Maybe I am tempting the fates by recognizing my luck/blessings/gratitude, but I just wanted to send out this message to the heavens at large: "Thank you. I appreciate it. I don't take it for granted. I will try to be worthy of the blessings I have been given. I will try to spread some of this joy to others and make their days brighter. I will try to enjoy what I have been given to the very fullest and squeeze every possible drop of human experience out of my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

That is all.

Comments

Supermom said…
beautiful post!!!
Webmaster said…
That is a beautiful post. It's good to stop and count your blessings every once in a while. :)