Poetry project

I am a big fan of poetry. But no one seems to be reading it anymore. So, I think I will start occasionally posting some poetry here and there. Old stuff, new stuff. Stuff I like. Here's the first one. This poem was in a book of love poems that Hubs gave me back when we were still dating. The book was pocket-sized and bound with a red leather cover. It had a ribbon to mark your place, and I've dog-eared lots of pages over the years. This is one of the poems that I always come back to.

Jenny Kissed Me
by James Leigh Hunt

Jenny kiss'd me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss'd me,
Say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kiss'd me.

Comments