Social butterfly

I must say, I've been VERY social lately. In part because hubs has been home (which allows me to get out for the evening if I so desire), and in part because several different events seemed to line themselves up simultaneously, I have been out alot lately.

And the planets must REALLY be in alignment, because I'm also nicely fitting back into all my prepregnancy clothes now. So not only can I go out, but I have something to wear!! Hallelujah!

Last week, I met up at Mellow Mushroom with some moms I discovered online. Though I couldn't stay for long that evening, I had a really good time. (And, hopefully, I didn't scare the ladies that didn't know me. I have a rather energetic personality, KWIM?)

On Friday, it was off to Bonefish Grill for dinner in honor of another friend's birthday. Might I say that I heartily enjoy their grilled tilapia with chimichurri sauce? Good stuff. I washed it down with a glass of Menage a Trios. (Get your mind out of the gutter. It's a blend of three white wines. I think it's lovely.)

On Saturday, I met up with some of the Mississippi Moms for dinner at Ruby Tuesday, where the service was excellent, and my steak was served exactly medium rare. (That's us in the picture at left. Don't we look fetching?)

Sunday - My sweet little sis was in town from Oregon, so we invited her over for dinner. Several pounds of shrimp, couscous, and salad later, we went for a walk to catch up on each other's lives. (Oh. My. Lord. It is difficult sometimes to keep my maternal instincts in check. I have to keep reminding myself that she is a grown woman, not just my little sister!! Aaagh!)

Last night - dinner at home. Aaaah. Oh, and a very satisfying run/walk. I'm doing circuits of 2/3 minutes now, for a total of three miles. I'm still slow, but I'm getting the distance in and slowly building speed. Of course, I'm faster when I don't have to push the stroller. That kid gets heavier every week!!

Tonight - Out with little sis again for her birthday.

Thursday - Meet both sisters to have photos made. (A father's day surprise.)

Friday - Lunch with a friend.

Sunday - go see a show at the theatre.

I must say, aside from being exhausted, I'm quite proud of myself. I never would have guessed that I could keep this kind of schedule and still be an adequate parent! Seriously, though, I am enjoying it, and hoping that I can space events out a bit better in the future. Oooof.

Comments