Keep those hands dirty.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately, and booger and I have spent alot of time outside. While he piddles around the yard, I do a little yardwork here and there.

So far, I've re-potted three plants that had outgrown their containers, moved two gardenias to better locations, and dug up/re-planted two lorapetalums. I also pruned the crepe myrtles a bit. (Don't worry - not the future flowers! Just small suckers from around the base of the trees. I don't want to end up with bushes; I'd rather them to keep their tree-like shape.)

We planted 20 red lilies out in the front today, and I can't wait to see them bloom in the spring! We ordered them from Breck's, and they arrived yesterday. (When you order bulbs via mail, it's important to plant them as soon as you receive them. They are mailed to you during the best planting time for your season.)

I've also done a ton of weeding and general cleaning up out there, hauling fallen limbs, tons of pinecones, and other sundry yard waste out to the curb this week.

I cashed in some credit card points this week for Home Depot dollars, so I'll be heading out there when my gift cards come in for a few odd shrubs and some bulbs for fall planting. Oh, and for MULCH. Geez, I need a ton of it.

Oooh, one last thing - we bought a hummingbird feeder and hung it up off the back patio. We got the feeder because I kept seeing this one hummingbird coming out every morning and sniffing around the fall garland I put over our front door. It was like he was thinking it was real, but then when he got close, he realized it was fake. I felt sorry for the little guy, so I figured the decent thing to do would be to help him out. The feeder has quickly become the place to see and be seen for hummingbirds in our neighborhood. Brian and I counted four hummingbirds out there (at one time) the other afternoon! They are so tiny and beautiful.

Comments