OUTSIDE!

We have had glorious weather the past few days, really glorious. Sunny, warm (but not too hot), breezy, all in all just about as good as it gets. So Clay and I have been spending lots of time outside. We went to the park yesterday, played in the grass, watched boats on the water, and chased these five poor ducks around for about 20 minutes. (Clay had never seen ducks up close before. He pointed at them continuously and toddled after them as fast as his chubby little legs could carry him. Eventually, the beleaguered ducks looked at me like, "We're blowing this joint," and flew into the water, where they could get a moment's peace.)


When I was a college student, and weather like this came along, I'd be walking to my class and decide, on the spur of the moment, to skip it and lie in the grass all morning instead. Seriously. Great weather was one of the few things that could make a Phi Beta Kappa chick like myself skip class. If it was a really pretty day, I felt the same way on my way to the office, once I had a 9-to-5 job. (But I'd skip work WAY less often. I always had too much stuff to do - meetings, conference calls, etc. - to miss.)

But now that I'm a SAHM, enjoying good weather is part of my JOB!! Taking booger outside and letting him run around actually makes me a STELLAR MOTHER! (Because, hey, he's not sitting in front of the TV, right? He's exercising, getting fresh air, learning about the natural world. I'm Supermom, dude.) What a perk!!

It's funny how sometimes the planets align, isn't it?

Comments

Webmaster said…
You can have it. It's COLD in the mornings.
Brr...