Feeling queenly.

In honor of the upcoming parade, I thought I'd post a quick review of American Thighs: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Preserving Your Assets, by Jill Connor Browne (author/head Sweet Potato Queen).

Reading this book is like reading a really funny blog. Connor Browne writes in a very conversational style, uses all caps for emphasis, doesn't shy away from profanity, and, in general, sells the soul of everyone she knows for a cheap laugh. No wonder I like her.

With lots of memorable stories (I think my favorite was the one about the woman who thought that Spanx was Skanx, and went around telling all her friends she'd been looking all over for Skanxs and where could she find some Skanxs in this f**king town.), this book is an easy and quick read. I smiled and chuckled a bit throughout.

Most of all, though, Connor Browne's message about enjoying each day of your life, laughing alot, and making the most of every moment is one I agree with and heartily endorse. Happiness really is some of the best medicine of all.

Comments