Bright light! Bright light!

We have a lovely back-yard neighbor. Though I do not know him well, he seems to be a nice man with a beautiful family. And a boat. And a Hummer. And an extra detatched garage (brick, to match the house) that he built last year. And sometimes, he'll put a space jump in his back yard, for the kids. (Thank God we built a privacy fence.)

My only problem? His two garages are right on the perimeter line of the property, so they are what backs up to our rear property line. And our master bedroom is located at the rear of our house. So that means that, when he decides to work late into the night in one of his garages, WITH ALL OF THE SECURITY FLOODLIGHTS ON EVERYWHERE, the light shines directly into our master bedroom window. It's no big deal, really. We finally just put heavy curtains on that window, and we draw them shut to block out the light. But the guy routinely works in his garage until, like, 1 or 2 a.m. And he leaves the lights on all that time.

What is he DOING in there? Building a hot-rod truck from scratch? Creating unique wood sculptures? Planning to take over the world? I tell ya', wondering about it has lost me almost as much sleep as the light shining in my eyes.

Comments

HEATHER said…
Look for some black out drapes. I was looking at some on overstock.com the other day.
Deanna said…
My neighbor installed huge security lights on the side of his house for working on his boat. My boys were thrilled! Now they nightlights all night long. About a week after he installed them he walked over and asked if they were bothering the boys and we told him that the boys loved them, but I told him I was glad our bedroom was on the other end of the house. Ha! Maybe your neighbor doesn't realize he is disturbing you?
Nicole Bradshaw said…
I don't think he does know, and I haven't gone over to talk to him. I just bought the curtains. (No bigee.) But the curiosity is starting to get to me! I know the lights aren't just on a timer, because sometimes I can actually HEAR him doing something over there in the wee hours.

Maybe he is putting together a detailed, scale-model of the Old Capitol Building? Or maybe he makes incredibly lifelike wooden duck decoys? WHAT is he working on until 2 a.m.? WHAT COULD IT BE?

I am considering sneaking out there late one night and trying to peep through the slats in the fence.
HEATHER said…
Honey just hope he isn't cooking meth!
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Oh. My. Lord. I hadn't even considered such a thing. That would explain how he affords all those vehicles and gadgets, wouldn't it . . . ?

Ok, now I HAVE to peep through the fence.