It's alive! My creation's ALIVE!

More planting this week! I got all of my patio plants potted, and I also put the ferns I'd purchased in the ground. The rainy weather we've been having has been heaven for everything I've put out and moved around this season. All the plants look GREAT!

I deliberated for a while about whether or not to plant an herb garden, and I finally settled on planting herbs in pots as a sort-of in-between solution. So, now I've got chives, three types of basil, mint, dill, sage, oregano, and thyme in pots scattered around the patio. I have not grown my own herbs for a few years now, and I've really missed it. I have about 5 rosemary bushes in the ground out back (I LOVE rosemary.), so with those and all the herbs I have in pots now, I should be pretty well set!

Oooh, and I picked out a new arbor at Lowe's. It will be my first official Mother's Day present!! Wow! Can't wait to get it installed and move the jasmine vine over. (Poor thing. It's stretched out along the ground, and it's still blooming like crazy!)

That might be all of the gardening I do for a while. I'll still maybe order some bulbs for fall planting. I've also already got the soil sample kit for the bed under the window (where everything keeps dying), so I should know something about that soon.

In the meantime, I've noticed that the squirrels are attacking my bird feeder. No surprise there, but now I have visual confirmation of the furry little thieves. Who knows if I've fed ANY birds at all? Those plump little squirrels definitely approached the feeder as if it were one of their regular watering holes!

Comments