See Mom Run.

I've been using the jogging stroller, and it's GREAT! I'm running .5 to .75 miles of my usual 2-mile loop now, and I think I'll be able to increase that amount at a fairly decent rate. Booger seems to enjoy the light and fresh air, too, so that's an added bonus! (Even when we were walking the whole way, I could tell he was appreciating his daily constitutional.)

I've done precious little running in the past year, but getting back to it now makes me remember why I like it. Even running a little bit of the way helps you cover the same ground in way less time than walking. Plus, it keeps your heart rate up.

Right now, I'm doing run/walk circuits, which gives me time to rest a little when I get winded and take a few swigs of water. (I never carried water with me on runs before I had the baby. You had to go ahead on the trail and leave it, etc. Too much trouble. But now, there's a little cup holder in the stroller just for the sports bottle! Nice!) The short-term goal, though, is to work my way up to a total run of 3 miles, with no walk breaks. I think that should be achievable in a relatively short amount of time. I will keep you posted on my progress!

Edited to add: When I jog, I can soooo tell that my chest and rear are HUGE. As in, larger than they've ever been. Aaack.

Comments