On health

At my place of business, we have a wellness program for employees. As part of this program, employees have the option of taking a free online health risk assessment (which is basically a questionnaire to help you determine how healthy your behaviors are and determine possible areas for improvement) before receiving a free annual health screening.

Since the health screenings are coming up, I went ahead and took my health risk assessment. According to my results, it's a miracle I'm not dead yet. I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables. I don't exercise enough. I don't drink enough water. My computer practically sneered at me with derision, "What, you're still breathing over there?"

Sooooo, I'm definitely going to make an effort to eat more fruits and veggies and drink more water. And when the weather is a tad better, I'm going to try walking for a bit every day at lunch. Maybe that will put me at less risk for keeling over at any given second? You think?

Comments

Supermom said…
I have my wellness questionnaire letter sitting right here at the computer staring at me... taunting me... mocking me.

I keep putting it off.
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Keep putting it off, Supermom. It will only break your heart.

And, oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the other two people in my office are ridiculously healthy. As in, they are aerobics instructors. And they eat stuff like non-fat cottage cheese mixed with blueberries and sprinkled with Kashi GoLean crunch for breakfast. Seriously.